Regular maintenance to your vehicle is very important. It allows the vehicle to be performing at a better condition on a daily basis.
As we travel around Australia on a road trip will cause extra workload to our vehicle, and hence, regular vehicle maintenance will become vital to ensure we can have a safe and smooth trip.
We have never considered ourselves as a handy/mechanical person. Thanks to the wonderful people from the Toyota Landcruiser Club Victoria (TLCCV), they have shown us some basic skills in servicing our own vehicles and learning how to check your vehicles before a trip.
We have learned the followings:
- Changing engine oil
- Changing automatic fluid
- Changing transfer case gear oil
- Changing front and rear diff oil
- Changing oil, fuel and air filters
- Changing fan & water pump belts
- Procedures on changing brake fluid
- Check for power steering fluid and coolant level
- Check for brake pads wear
- Check for oil leakage in engine bay and vehicle surrounds
- Check for radial cracks on rubber bushes
We have certainly learned a lot and we have now felt closer to our vehicle by knowing more about it.
I am sure this will be very handy to understand more about your vehicles, and saving some money by doing regular maintenance yourselves.